- The “Apso” in the name comes from the Tibetan name Apso Seng Kyi which translates as “Bark Lion Sentinel Dog”;
- The “Lhasa” is the sacred city of Lhasa;
- Bhutan a Lhasa Apso registered with UK Kennel Club in 1896 could sit for hours in the begging position, and it is said he succumbed to distemper and died still sitting upright;
- It is said that the Lhasa Apso is a good luck dog;
- Should never be sold, but given as a gift as it is thought to be the reincarnation of monks who have sinned in the past;
- In the 1930s Lhasa’s were presented as gifts to US dignatories by the 13th Dalai Lama;
- Can walk for miles.